Monday, July 19, 2010

Plastic bottle chandelier

I love this fabulous chandelier, created by Michelle Brand, especially because it's made from upcycled empty 2 liter bottles! I'm actually having to restrain myself from buying soda and dumping it just for the bottles. Being that I don't drink soda, and neither, it seems, do any of my friends... it's going to be a while before I can collect enough bottles to make one of these! Hmmm... maybe I can raid the recycling bin at work for the small water bottles we use and cut them into flower shapes. Or, I'll just have to don a makeshift Hazmat getup and go dumpster diving in my building's recycling containers.

What you'll need:
  • Lots of 2 liter bottles
  • Fishing line
  • A metal hoop (maybe from an old lampshade)
  • An LED (or other low heat) lightbulb on a cord like this one from IKEA - Januari $9.99 without bulb

No comments: