Thursday, June 17, 2010

A little squeeze

Get your money's worth out of your products with a tube wringer. Great for any product that comes in a tube, including paint for you crafty types and mayo, mustard and tomato paste for those of you who haul it back in bulk from trips to Europe like I do. There are tube keys that will achieve a similar squeeze, but you won't have that nice crinkle effect, which, in my humble opinion looks nicer than a rolled up tube with a key hanging off of it on your bathroom counter. There are a couple kinds of tube wringers out there and some work better than others. The first one I bought was plastic, which didn't really work on metal tubes. It's just not strong enough to really grip them, and then it fell apart. Next, I bought a metal wringer at Sally Beauty Supply for $12 and I'm happy to report that it's been working like a charm for a year so far. You can find them online, at Sally's and in many paint/art supply stores.

No comments: