Thursday, June 24, 2010

Detangle!


It seems like the number of wires I must have on hand in order to exist as I know it today, is growing exponentially each year. Keeping them all straight, orderly and accessible in multiple locations and while traveling has become quite the challenge. That is, until I came across these awesome little Velcro wraps!

Go from unwieldy...






to "Ahhh, much better",
in a snap!

More than once, I've beat other battery-drained travelers to the last open outlet at an airport gate when I've only got a matter of minutes to power up my gadgets on a layover because I didn't have to battle a tangle of wires. And since the wraps have a little loop at the end, they won't fall off when you unwind, meaning you can rewrap-and-go in seconds once powered up.

They're available in a variety of different colors, although I favor the ones which are light on one side and black on the other because I'm just OC enough to prefer matching them to the color of the cord. These little gems come in handy for way more than the power cords on your everyday electronics (berry, iphone, camera battery charger, PC charger). I've got them hard at work in my bathroom (curling iron, hot rollers, flat iron, hair elastics), in my laundry room (extension cords, iron, steamer), in the hall closet (jump rope, extra dog leashes), kitchen (blender cord, Foreman grill, coffee grinder, mini chopper, hand mixer) and on my bike (keeping my wraparound bike lock in place so the pedal doesn't hit it and drive me bananas when I'm riding).

Sometimes... it's the little things.

Available at: Ace Hardware, Office Depot, OfficeMax, Amazon
Price: $6-9 for 50 (depending on retailer)

TIP:
Don't let one one of these near a silk chiffon skirt or your favorite cashmere sweater. (I learned this the hard way). Remember, it's Velcro... it sticks!

No comments: