Friday, March 18, 2011

I recently bought a new chair for my balcony from Pier 1. It came wrapped in paper and tied up with cool, flat nylon looking twine. I recycled the mound of paper, but couldn't bring myself to toss the big wad of nylon in the trash. I actually have nightmares about the amount of trash we all toss every day. So I was thinking what I could make with it, spotted my suitcase by the door and had the AHA moment! So here it is, 75% of the wad of nylon I saved from the landfill... repurposed as a bag tag! Perfect, indestructable, very cute... and free! The next time you're about to toss something that could be repurposed, pause for the AHA!

And if you need inspiration, take a trip to the new New Museum of NY or check out some recycled art projects online, like these.

I personally love the cocktail umbrella lampshade!

No comments: